Western Union is a real-time online global payment service provider, serving domestic and international fund transfer.
BNP Bank as the sub-representative of Western Union Indonesia provides money delivery and withdrawal nation-wide or international to Western Union representatives in more than 200 countries.
- Receive money within minutes.
- Recipient doesn’t necessarily have a bank account.
- Every transaction is protected under world-class security system Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) as transaction identification number. MTCN is a reference code from Western Union application as a proof that the money transfer was succeeded.
- Free administration fee for every money withdrawal.
- Western Union fund service is available on selected BNP Bank branches.
- Stamp duty per transaction
- MTCN code is confidential and must be exchange between sender and recipient only.
- Money could not be withdrawn in case the money transfer data does not match our system.
- Recipient must be present to withdraw the money themselves and no third party should withdraw the money on their behalf.
- Recipient is paid out in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
- Before every transaction, recipient should acknowledge:
- Sender name,
- Country/city of money transfer origin,
- Estimated amount of money to withdraw (±10% from total money received),
- MTCN code,
- Every sender and recipient is abided by following terms and conditions:
- Western Union APU-PPT policy and procedure applies for a transaction of amount or more than Rp100.000.000 (a hundred million rupiahs).
- Western Union foreign exchange traffic policy applies for fund transferred from or to other countries.
- Unpaid transaction due date is 30 days since date of transfer. Should the transaction exceeded the due date, sender must contact receiver to reactivate the transaction in Western Union respresentative where the sender transferred the money.
- Filling and signing ‘To Receive Money’ form with a stamp duty.
- Showing an original and valid ID card (not photo copied/scanned):
- WNI (Citizen of Indonesia): Kartu Tanda Penduduk (KTP). If KTP is authorised outside the area where money is withdrawn, recipient should also provide valid driving license (Surat Izin Mengemudi/SIM) and family registers (Kartu Keluarga/KK).
- WNA (Foreigners in Indonesia): Passport and KIMS/KITAS/KITAP
A recipient is withdrawing a Western Union in BNP Bank:
Recipient to see customer service to do the Western Union money withdrawal. Recipient to fill and sign ‘To Receive Money’ form marked with a stamp duty. Recipient to show original and valid ID to be verified by customer service. Should all the requirements meet, and the data matched our system, recipient could cash out the money in teller counter.