Bank BNP’s Tabungan KU is a savings product for individuals with easy and light requirements issued jointly by banks in Indonesia to encourage saving in banks and increasing the society’s welfare.
Features & conditions:
Minimum balance that needs to be maintained
Minimum balance to earn interest
The following are a breakdown of cost that customer need to pay attention to:
- If the customer uses auto debit facility for bill payment services, such as electricity and telephone bills, the following cost are implied:
- Stamp duty on debit authorization letter
- Administration fees for bill payment services.
- The imposition of tax on interest income in accordance to the applicable tax regulation
- Account closing fee
- Inactive/dormant account fee
For his/her banking activities convenience, customer needs to pay attention to the following:
- The minimum balance to earn interest is Rp. 500.000,00.
- A customer can only have one Tabungan KU account in Bank BNP, except for parents who is opening a Tabungan KU account for children under their guardianship with a QQ account status.
- Joint account is not allowed
- No ATM/Debit visa BNP card facility
- Cash withdrawals and deposits from Tabungan KU must use the media/facilities provided by Bank BNP, including using savings book when transacting through teller counters.
- If the account has been inactive for six consecutive months and the balance is below provisions, inactive account fee will be charged.
- Tabungan KU account will be automatically closed by the system if the account balance is 0 for three consecutive months
- If the account is closed before the payment of interest, then the interest cannot be paid.
- Account closing can only be done in the branch office where the account was opened
- Specifically for account in the name of student:
- Account opening and any changes to the accout must be accompanied and approved by the parent/legal guardian responsible for the student, by putting their signature next to the student's signature.
- Tabungan KU account closing by a student must be accompanied and approved by the parent/legal guardian responsible for the student, by putting their signature next to the student’s signature.
- Customers are advised to routinely print out their savings account in the nearest Bank BNP branch office
- Make sure the savings book is in the hands of the customer
- The balance printed in the savings book is the prevailing balance
- If the savings book is exhausted, damaged, or lost, the customer can apply for book replacement which can only be done in the branch office where the account was opened based on the application and written notice from the account owner. Specifically for book replacement due to loss, a loss statement letter from the police is required.
Customers can open a TabunganKu account with the following provisions:
- The depositor is an Indonesian citizen
- The depositor shall fill and sign the account opening request application form
- The depositor shall bring a valid proof of identity, i.e.:
- Identity card or driver’s license for Indonesian citizen
- Student ID card or a statement letter from schools cooperating with Bank BNP in its education program and equipped with family car/birth certificate and with a valid proof of identity of parents/legal guardian or a decree from the court.
- QQ accounts opening for minors must be accompanied by the valid and original identity of the parents/legal guardian and the birth certificate of the minor
- The provisions of name inclusion in TabunganKu account for students are as follows:
- The student has a valid student card, the name listed on the account is the name of the student.
- If the student does not have a student card, the name listed in the QQ account is the name of the parents QQ student name.
An ilustrative example of Tabungan KU’s interest calculation:
Tabungan KU’s interest:
|Balance||Interest rate (%) pa|
|≥ Rp500.000,00 – Rp1.000.000,00||0,25|
Tabungan KU’s interest calculation formula:
Nominal X Interest percentage X Amount of days
A customer is opening a Tabungan KU account at January 10, 2014 with the following description:
|January 10, 2014||Initial deposit||Rp100.000,00||Rp100.000,00||No interest|
|January 15, 2014||Cash deposit||Rp1.000.000,00||Rp1.100.000,00||Interest earned|
|January 20, 2014||Cash withdrawal||Rp300.000,00||Rp800.000,00||Interest earned|
|January 25, 2014||Cash withdrawal||Rp500.000,00||Rp300.000,00||No interest|
|January 31, 2014||Interest||Rp178,08||Rp300.000,08|
|January 31, 2014||Interest tax||Rp35,62||Rp300.142,47|
Interest calculation on January 31, 2014 are as follows:
|From||To||Amount of days||Effective balance||Calculation||Interest|
|10||14||5||Rp100.000,00||(Rp100.000,00 X 0,00% X 5) : 365||0|
|15||19||5||Rp1.100.000,00||(Rp1.100.000,00 X 1,00% X 5) : 365||Rp150,68|
|20||24||5||Rp800.000,00||(Rp800.000,00 X 0,25% X 5) : 365||Rp27,40|
|25||31||7||Rp300.000,00||(Rp300.000,00 X 0,00% X 7) : 365||0|
Interest tax calculation : Total Interest X Interest tax
: Rp178,08 X 20%
Customer complaints can be sent through email to email@example.com or through Bank BNP's website at https//BNP www.bankbnp.com or to the nearest Bank BNP office or BNP Call at (022) 82560163 or (022) 82560164.