Tabungan Dollar Bank BNP is a savings product for individual Indonesian citizens or foreign nationals in the US dollar to meet the needs of deposits in foreign currency that provides a variety of benefits and convenience
Tabungan Dollar Bank BNP is intended as a means to collect funds from upper mass/affluent segment customers and customers who do business in the import-export sector. Deposit for Tabungan Dollar can be made in the Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) at the bank note’s buy/sell exchange rate.
Features & Conditions
Further minimum deposit
USD 50 (Bank Notes) and multiples thereof
Required minimum balance
Minimum balance to earn interest
Maximum monthly withdrawal
The following are a breakdown of cost that customer need to pay attention t:
- The imposition of tax on interest income in accordance to the applicable tax regulation
- Account closing fee
- Provision to the excess amount of withdrawal is applied if the monthly maximum withdrawal is exceeded
- Provision will be applied if the customer is doing a remmitance transaction
For his/her banking activities convenience, customer needs to pay attention to the following:
- No ATM card will be given. The savings book should be kept safe at all time.
- The minimum balance to earn interest is USD 1.000
- Withdrawal in USD can only be done in the branch where the account was opened, whereas withdrawal in IDR can be done in all Bank BNP office.
- In the case of withdrawal more than USD 1.000, the customer needs to inform the branch where the account was opened one working day prior to the withdrawal.
- Funds withdrawal and deposit from and to Tabungan Dollar account must use the medias/facilities provided by Bank BNP, including but not limited to using the savings book.
- If the monthly maximum withdrawal is exceeded, then comission to the excess amount of withdrawal will be applied.
- If the account is closed before the payment of interest, then the accrued interest on Tabungan Dollar cannot be paid.
- Customers are advised to routinely print out their savings account in the nearest Bank BNP branch office
- Acceptable Bank Notes are the ones that are in good condition. If there are Bank Notes with defect, damage, or rejected serial number, the customer will be informed with reference to the applicable provisions.
- Interest rate fluctuation may happen following market development
- If the customer has died, then the account balance will only be payed by Bank BNP to the legitimate heirs as evidenced by a written statement from the court or other institution authorized to issue such information, and affidavit of heirship.
- Account closing can only be done in the branch office where the account was opened
- Outgoing transfer transaction is allowed only to USD, SGD, AUD, EUR, HKD, JPY (with the newest series based on confirmation from a bank officer) and subjected to 0.50% provision from the total transaction.
Customers can open a Tabungan Dollar account with the following provisions:
- The depositor is an Indonesian citizen or foreigner
- The depositor shall fill and sign the account opening request application form
- The depositor shall submit a copy of his/her tax identification number
- The depositor shall bring a valid proof of identity, i.e.:
- Identity card for Indonesian citizen
- Passport accompanied by KITAS/KITAP for foreigners
- SIUP, TDP, Deed of Incorporation, and other documents for corporations
An illustratitive example of Tabungan Dollar’s interest calculation:
|Balance||Interest Rate (%) pa|
|≥ USD 1.000 – < USD 10.000||0.25|
|≥ USD 10.000||0.50|
Interest calculation formula: Nominal X Interest percentage X Amount of days
A customer is opening a Tabungan Dollar account at January 10, 2018 with the following description:
|January 10, 2018||Initial deposit||100||100||No interest earned|
|January 12, 2018||Cash deposit||8900||9000||Interest earned|
|January 16, 2018||Cash deposit||20000||29000||Interest earned|
|January 25, 2018||Cash withdrawal||25000||4000||Interest earned|
|January 25, 2018||Provition cost||75||3925||Interest earned|
|January 31, 2018||Interest||4,02||3929|
|January 31, 2018||Interest tax||0,80||3928|
Interest calculation on January 31, 2018 will be:
|From||To||Amount of days||Effective balance||Calculation||Interest|
|10||11||2||100||(100 X 0,00% X 2) : 365||0|
|12||15||4||9000||(9000 X 0,25% X 4) : 365||0,25|
|16||24||9||29000||(29000 X 0,50% X 9) : 365||3,58|
|25||31||7||3925||(3925 X 0,25% X 7) : 365||0,19|
Interest tax calculation : Total interest x interest tax
: 4,02 x 20%
Provition cost calculation:
Provition cost : Excess amout of withdrawal x provision cost
: 15.000 x 0.50%
Customer complaints can be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through Bank BNP's website at https://www.bankbnp.com or to the nearest Bank BNP office or BNP Call at (022) 82560163 or (022) 82560164.