Deposito Berjangka Bank BNP are deposits that may only be withdrawn within a certain period of time according to the agreement between the depositor and Bank BNP.
Features & conditions
IDR / USD
Minimum deposit (IDR)
Minimum deposit (USD)
Deposit period of time
1, 3, 6, 12 and 24 months
The following is a breakdown of cost that customer need to pay attention to:
- Stamp duty
- Tax on interest
- Penalty if deposit is withdrawn before maturity
For his/her banking activities convenience, customer needs to pay attention to the following:
- Disbursement can only be done with the original deposit certificate enclosed
- Deposit disbursement can only be done in the branch office where the deposit is opened
- Disbursement before maturity date will be penalized in accordance with the applicable regulations
- Deposit and interest disbursement for joint account with the status “DAN” must be done by all parties of the members of the joint account
- Deposit and interest disbursement for joint account with the status “ATAU” can be done by one of the parties of the members of the joint account
- Disbursement of deposit as collateral for credit facility will have to wait until the maturity date of the credit facility expires
- Deposit certificate cannot be transferred/sold
- Each deposit term has different interest rate
- Fluctuations in interest rate could happen following the market development. Information about changes in interest rate is informed through Bank BNP’s website and announcement in all Bank BNP’s offices in accodance to the applicable regulations.
- Make sure the deposit certificate is in the customer’s hand
- If the certificate is lost, then to get a new certificate the deposit must be disbursed and new certificate will be issued on the basis of a statement letter from the police.
- Customer must check each writing on the deposit certificate, since the deposit certificate is considered invalid if there is error in writing and/or correction.
- Special for deposits denominated in USD:
- Deposit: Bank notes deposit with latest series of USD 100 or USD 50 bill is allowed
- Disbursement: Disbursement of bank notes is not allowed. On certain condition, if the bank notes disbursement is more than USD 50.000, customers are required to provide confirmed information at least 3 days prior to the disbursement.
Customers can open a Deposito Berjangka with the following provisions:
- The customer is an individual/business entity
- The customer is an Indonesian citizen or foreigner
- The customer shall fill and sign the deposit opening request application form
- The depositor shall submit a copy of his/her tax identification number
- The depositor shall bring a valid proof of identity, i.e.:
- Identity card for Indonesian citizen
- Passport accompanied by KITAS/KITAP for foreigners
- SIUP, TDP, Deed of Incorporation, and other documents for corporations
- Specifically for QQ deposit account opening for minors must be equipped with the valid original identity of the parents/legal guardians and the birth certificate of the minor
A customer is opening a deposit account at January 1, 2018 with a nominal value of Rp. 50.000.000,- with one month term and 6,75% interest.
Gross interest 50.000.000 x 6,75% x 31 = 286.643,84
Tax value Gross interest x 20% = 57.328,77
Net interest Gross interest – Tax value = 229.315,07