As stated in the regulations of Bank Indonesia (BI) PBI No. 10/10/PBI/ 2008 dated February 28, 2008 regarding the amendment of Regulation No. 7/7/PBI/2005 regarding the Settlement of Customer Complaints and circular letter from the Financial Services Authority SE No. 2 / SEOJK 07/2014 dated February 14, 2014 regarding Consumer Complaints Services and Settlement for the Financial Services businesses, the Bank is obliged to inform the service and complaints resolution mechanism.
This delivery of complaints resolution mechanism is one way to improve the protection of customers’ rights related to the Bank.
All users of the products and/or services of Bank BNP has the right to file a complaint.
Complaints can be filed directly by the customer or its representative.
If the complaints is filed by customer representative the following documents must be included:
- Proof of identity copy of customer and customer representative
- An authorization letter from the customer to the customer representative that stated that the customer gives full authority to act on behalf of the customer
- If the customer representative is an institution or a legal entity, a document confirming the authority of the person authorized to represent the institution or legal entity must be included.
- Oral Complaint is all types of complaints delivered through BNP Call (022) 82560163-82560164 as well as delivered directly to the bank’s authorized officer in Bank BNP office.
- Written complaint is complaints submitted via written media such as a letter sent to Bank BNP office, via facsimile, via the bank’s website (http://www.bankbnp.com). or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transactional complaints, i.e. complaints that have an impact on financial losses.
- Non-transactional complaints, i.e. complaints that have no impact on financial losses.
|Oral Complaint||Written complaint|
Submit a complete customer identity, i.e.: name, address, account number (if any), contact details, and a brief description of the complaint attached with supporting documents i.e. documents that correspond to the type of complaint or documents related to the complaint, such as:
The Bank will act on a complaint by the customer and will be settled within a period of twenty business days and can be extended up to another twenty business days in certain conditions. If the bank will extend the term of complaint settlement, the bank will inform the customer prior, with regards to the provisions applicable, before the first period of twenty working days ends.
It is necessary to note the followings so that complaints can be resolved by the Bank:
- Determine the core issues to be filed.
- Prepare supporting documents related to the filed issues.
- Carefully save the original documents you have and take a copy of these documents to the bank attached to the written complaints.
- Save the registration number given by the bank. The registration number is used to track the status of customer complaint settlement.
- Carefully save the correspondence document with the bank, including the letter of complaint settlement results delivered by the bank to customers.
Make sure that customer reads the terms and conditions of each of the products and/or services to be used by the customer. Complaints settlement service is free of charge.
If customers are not satisfied with the results of the settlement delivered by the Bank, the customer can continue to resolve the complaint through banking mediation or through other dispute resolution alternatives.
The Bank will maintain the data confidentiality of any customer making a complaint against any party, except:
- To regulators (BI, OJK)
- In the process of complaint settlement
- Obliged by the law
- By the customer’s consent
For your transaction convenience send your complaint, advice, critics via email to email@example.com. You can also visit the nearest Bank BNP office from your location or contact BNP Call at 022-82560163 or 022-82560164